Calm Mediation Restorative Justice Service, the lead RJ provider in London, is seeking committed and flexible volunteers to deliver Restorative Justice services to victims of crime in London.
If you are motivated by the desire to make a difference and are interested in the opportunity to assist victims to find a positive way forward following their experience of crime, please read the full Volunteer Facilitator Role Description.
We are offering a FREE 4-day RJ Practitioner training course to those who are:
- Able to commit to a minimum of 12 months as a volunteer facilitator
- Have the flexibility to undertake a minimum number of cases per year (dependant on the complexity of needs and length of support required by participants)
- Willing to travel across London and to prisons within the UK where appropriate (expenses reimbursed)
The training will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to enable you to:
- Understand and apply the principles of RJ
- Identify and manage need and risk as an ongoing process
- Work with victims and offenders both in the community and in a custodial setting
- Demonstrate effective co-facilitation
- Facilitate indirect restorative outcomes (shuttle communication/letters)
- Prepare participants for a restorative conference
- Facilitate a restorative conference
The 4-day training course will be held on the 31st March, 7th, 14th and 15th April 2020 in London. Participants are expected to complete the full course in order to be offered the opportunity to register as a Calm Mediation RJ Facilitator.
Please note the closing date for application is Friday 28th February 2020 at 5pm.
Following the training, successful applicants will receive a full package of support including expenses, one to one supervision, ongoing training and continued professional development.
How to Apply
To apply for this volunteering opportunity, please complete the RJ Practitioner Training Application Form.